- Greene County Tech High School
JOIN A GROUP LIKE NO OTHER!
FCCLA-Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America is a national organization designed to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Education, focusing on the multiple roles of the family member, wage earner, and community leaders. Greene County Tech FCCLA had 40members for the 2011-2012 school year.
WHAT DOES FCCLA AT GCT DO?
- Community Service
- Trips(attended District 3 Planning and Election Meeting, District and State Meeting)
- Competition (STAR Events)
- Fund Raisers
- Fun Activities( Pizza Party, FCCLA Banquet)
STAR EVENTS-Students Taking Action With Recognition
STAR Events are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects.(District 3 and State or Nationals).Cassie Morin competed at the District, State and National Level in 2012-2013.
Our community service projects are fun and touch the lives of many. Community service projects for 2012-2013 are:
- American Cancer Society
- Rice Depot and Diaper Depot
- Adopted a family at Christmas
- Veterans Day Program
- Share Our Strength(preventing childhood hunger)
- March of Dimes
- Soul for Soles
Visit the national website at www.fcclainc.org for more information
WHAT DOES FCCLA EXPECT FROM YOU?
Pay your dues ($12.00)
You must have taken a semester of FACS or be currently enrolled in a FACS class.