Robin A. Yates, Ed.S., Media Specialist
Penny Johnson, Paraprofessional
870-215-4400 ext. 6032
GCTHS Media Center Policies and Procedures
- Hours are 7:40 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Present Hall Pass and sign in when first entering the Media Center.
- Have a clear stated purpose; students should have specific assignments to complete.
- Stay focused no more than four students at each table and work quietly.
- No personal electronic devices without permission
- No food or beverages.
- Ask permission before entering the computer lab.
- Remember that computers are to be used for educational purposes.
- Students may check out 2 books for a 2-week period.
- There is a $.05 fine for each school day the book is overdue.
- Overdue books and fines must be cleared before additional books can be checked out.
- Be sure to have your Hall Pass stamped before leaving the Media Center.
HS Library Catalog is now web based and can be accessed from any computer. Patrons can view the holdings of the library and check the status of their account. Patrons can view their account status as well as place materials on hold by logging in to the Destiny system. Both the student's username AND password are their 5 digit number.
APPS AVAILABLE FOR GCT LIBRARY CATALOGS FOR ACCESS FROM YOUR PERSONAL DEVICE (Smartphone, iPad, Android, etc.)
1. Search the app store with "Follett"
- Destiny Quest - GCT Library Catalogs URL: https://gcteagles.follettdestiny.com
- Follett BryteWave K-12 Edition - App required to read eBooks and digital audio books available from our library
ACCELERATED READER & STAR READING
Both Accelerated Reader & STAR Reading can be accessed from the computers in the Media Center. A username and password are required to log on to Accelerated Reader. Mrs. Yates or Mrs. Johnson will be required to enter the monitor password to take a quiz.
Renaissance Home Connect requires the student's username and password from Accelerated Reader. Patrons can search for an AR quiz/book using the BookFinder in Home Connect. Contact Mrs. Yates or Mrs. Johnson if you have any questions.
ONLINE DATABASE PROVIDED FREE THROUGH THE TRAVELER PROJECT:
Traveler databases offer magazines, books, encyclopedias, and other resources to all Arkansas residents. Research current events, science, business, health, notable people, hobbies, and much more from your library, home, school, or office.
Connect to the database through Arkansas Traveler Portal:
ONLINE DATABASE PROVIDED BY ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY AT GCTHS
Arkansas State University and Credo have created a partnership to offer Credo Literati to local area high schools with A-State concurrent enrollment. This is the first partnership in the nation. Dean B. Ellis Library at A-State incurs all costs. All our high school students receive access, not just concurrent students.
Literati School is an online teaching tool and research platform for grades 7-12 that provides top quality reference sources paired with point-of-need instruction and multi-media to support classroom and instruction.
Credo Literati provides:
- 400+ e-books to support instruction in every major subject area
- Millions of reference entries
- More than 200,000 images available for class work and projects
- Over 1,200 videos about anatomy, museum masterworks, weather and more with Credo’s multi-media content!
- Create a My Literati account
- Personalized account
- Save books, entries and topic pages
- Access your information whenever you need it
There are links to all the Arkansas Traveler databases on the Literati webpages. The eBooks provided by Credo are accessible through Literati as well as the GCTHS library’s Destiny catalog.
Students on campus will not be required to use a login or password as long as they are on campus. Students may access the database off campus but will need the school login and password.
pics4learning.com is a copyright-friendly image library for teachers and students. The Pics4Learning collection consists of thousands of images that have been donated by students, teachers, and amateur photographers.
EasyBib - The free automatic bibliography composer.
CAREER RESEARCH PROJECT