Greene County Tech School District
Communicable Disease-COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan Revised 10-21-2021
On July 28, 2021, Governor Asa Hutchinson declared Arkansas to be in state of a public health emergency due to a surge of cases of Delta variant of COVID-19 and the states hospital I.C.U. beds are at capacity or near to capacity. On August 3, 2021, the Arkansas Legislature voted to approve the Governor’s public health emergency. The Delta variant has caused an increase in the number of Arkansas children being hospitalized, placed on ventilators, and who have died from COVID-19. At this time, children younger than 12 years old are not eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
In consideration of the recommendations and guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH), and the Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), the Greene County Tech School District is revising the Emergency Exposure Control Plan for all students and employees of the District as part of Communicable Disease Policy (Policy 4.34) and Licensed & Classified Personnel Use of PPE Policies (Policies 3.55 & 8.55).
This policy will provide an avenue to review the district mask mandate approximately every 30 days or at each regularly scheduled meeting of the Greene County Tech Board of Directors.
At this time, based on our recommendations from our Ready for Learning Committee, self- screenings shall continue for students and employees of the District. For approved visitors to buildings, screening by nurses and office staff with digital thermometers will continue as well as proper signage regarding COVID 19. The frequency, manner, and place of such visitors allowed and screenings shall be implemented under the direction of the Superintendent or his designee(s).
If the Greene County Tech School District has to quarantine 255 or more students (approximately 7% of the district student enrollment) due to close contact and positive COVID-19 cases, then the District will enforce the emergency face coverings policy until the School Board revokes such policy.
It is now OPTIONAL for all students in pre-kindergarten through the 12th grade to wear a face mask (a) while attending school or a school function in any school building, facility or other area of a school campus and (b) when riding in school-provided transportation.
It is now OPTIONAL for all District employees, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a face mask while working or attending a school function in any school building, facility or other area of a school campus.
CLEANING and SANITATION
Until further notice, all District employees will be required to help with cleaning as needed while working or attending a school function in any school building, facility or other area of a school campus. All employees shall assist as needed in the following manner:
- Cleaning common spaces, high touch surfaces, restrooms, and student desks will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the school day as scheduled.
- Sanitizing buses after each route.
- Athletics will continue to adhere to all guidelines set by the ADH and Arkansas Activities Association which includes all disinfecting and sanitizing of facilities and equipment.
- Cafeteria will assist in advanced sanitization practices.
- Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing will be encouraged by staff for students using schedules.
- The Greene County Tech School District is revising the Emergency Exposure Control Plan for all students and employees per ADH, DESE and CDC guidance and as part of Communicable Disease Policy (Policy 4.34) and Licensed & Classified Personnel Use of PPE Policies (Policies 3.55 & 8.55). We reserve the right to make changes as information is updated by the CDC, ADH and DESE.
- The GCT School District will follow the most current ADH and CDC guidance for contact tracing and quarantining students/staff who are NOT wearing face masks and are not vaccinated.