Greene County Tech Elementary
Welcome to the Greene County Tech Elementary Media Center
Marti Johnson, Media Specialist
870-215-4430 ext. 3032
Elementary Media Center's Policies and Procedures:
* Hours are 7:30 - 3:30
*No food or beverages
*If all computers are in use, return at another time
*Computers are for educational use only
* Students check out 1 book each week
*Students who have lost or damaged books must pay for a replacement
* Reference books, magazines, and newspapers may not be checked out
*Students wishing to do research must clear it with the media specialist and use the online databases provided free through the Traveler Project whenever possible
Early World of Learning (World Book)
An online resource for preschoolers & children in early elementary that includes three interactive learning environments:
- Trek's Travels offers narrated stories, interactive games, and original videos that teach critical early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more.
- Welcome to Reading provides leveled readers to develop and strengthen phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness and comprehension skills. The Lexile Framework® for Reading ensures that early readers use text at their level.
- Know It offers a visually rich first encyclopedia that will captivate early learners with non-fiction topics of interest and importance to them.
World Book Kids
General reference tool for young students with easy-to-read articles, thousands of illustrations, videos, comparison tools, and a wealth of engaging games and activities, including an atlas, interactive maps, flags, and over 200 game and activities.
World Book Student
A research tool tailored for students in elementary & middle schools with over 40,000 encyclopedia and reference articles, 10,000 biographies, multimedia, videos, animations and student activities.
Activities and Programs Sponsored by the library:
- Accelerated Reader - AR-HomeConnect
- Book Fair
Free Online Databases offered through the Traveler Project: