Greene County Tech Middle School
Mrs. Kim Simpson - Media Specialist - (870) 215-4480 ext. 8032
Library Catalog is now web based and can be access from any computer.
Patrons can view the holdings of the library, and check the status of their
Account, and place materials on hold. They will need to log into the Destiny system using their student name as their username AND their password is their 5 digit number.
To access GCT Library Catalog from your personal device (Smartphone, iPad, Android, etc.)
- SEARCH THE APP STORE WITH "FOLLETT"
Destiny Quest - GCT Library CatalogsCatalist Digital – Audiobooks.
We only have a few classic titles available.
Follett Enlight K-12 Edition - App required to read eBooks available from our library
eBooks available on FollettShelf
The media center at Greene County Tech Middle School is set up to participate effectively in the school's programs as it strives to meet the needs of pupils, teachers, parents, and other community members. We hope to provide students with the library materials and services most appropriate and most meaningful in their growth and development as individuals. We will strive to stimulate and guide students in all phases of their education so that they may find increasing enjoyment and satisfaction in learning and may grow in critical judgement and appreciation of literature and information.
Services offered by the media center:
- Books for recreational reading, research and factual information
- Audio-visual materials and equipment for educational experiences
- Accelerated Reader Program Home Connect: AR-HomeConnect
- Newspapers & magazines for current information on news of the hometown, community, state, and world affairs
- Computer and CD Programs for educational experiences
- Computer-networked Circulation/Catalog Plus Systems for student and staff use
- Laminating posters and articles for educational use
Media Center hours: 7:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
All sixth grade students are provided with library classes once each week with their homeroom class. All seventh grade students are encouraged to visit and use the library and its services as long as they have a hall pass; all seventh grade students must sign in when they arrive to document their attendance.
Media Center Procedures:
- Books can be checked out for two (2) weeks. Reference books and periodicals may be checked out during the day with written permission from a classroom teacher and may also be checked out for overnight use.
- The library is automated with the Circulation/Catalog Plus check out system. Each student will be assigned a library number for check-out purposes. A $1.00 fine will be charged for bar code label/and or book cover loss or damage.
- Library fines are charged on books that are not returned on time. The fine is $.05 per day excluding weekends and holidays. Students will be expected to pay for books damaged, destroyed, or not returned to the library.
PRIMARY SOURCE MATERIAL
Primary source material cultural & statistical country reports, covering the world, states & Canadian provinces and includes unique information in Native recipes, interviews, photos and videos
Early World of Learning (World Book) An online resource for preschoolers & children in the early elementary grades that includes three interactive learning environments
Trek's Travels offers narrated stories, interactive games, and original videos that teach critical early childhood themes, including numbers, shapes, colors, opposites, and more.
Welcome to Reading provides leveled readers to develop and strengthen phonics, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, and comprehension skills. The Lexile Framework® for Reading ensures that early readers use text at their level.
Know It offers a richly visual first encyclopedia that will captivate early learners with non-fiction topics of interest and importance to them
World Book Complete A single link that goes to all 9 Traveler World Book database for selection.
World Book Kids A general reference Web site developed especially for young students with easy-to-read articles, thousands of illustrations, videos, comparison tools, and a wealth of engaging games and activities, including an atlas, interactive maps, flags, and over 200 game and activities.
World Book Student A research tool tailored for students in elementary & middle schools with over 40,000 encyclopedia and reference articles.